How to delete an SAP Client
- Log on to the client to be deleted.
- Use the menu option use Transaction code SCC5 or from the SAP System initial screen choose Tools _ Administration _ Administration _ Client admin _ Special functions _Delete client.
- Start the deletion of the client, preferably using background processing.
- When you delete a client entry from table T000 with client maintenance (TransactionSCC4), you can no longer log on to the client or update it using change requests. The deletion process, however, does not eliminate the data belong to the client. This means the client-dependent data remains in your SAP System, occupying space in the database. Therefore, to eliminate an SAP client entirely, that is, to delete both the client and the client-dependent data, use the client delete functionality (Transaction SCC5).
- Deleting a client entry with client maintenance (Transaction SCC4) allows you to temporarily lock the client. The deletion procedure preserves the data for the client but prevents users from logging on to the client or accessing the data belonging to the client. To restore the client and allow logon, recreate the client entry using client maintenance.
- The amount of time required for the deletion of a client can be reduced by performing the deletion using parallel processes.
Share this article :